Features and structure
The feature that differentiates a QUILTON compacting conveyor from a standard screw conveyor is the compacting head, which basically consists of the following components:
- Reinforced triangular-shaped drum with a 1 mm fine screen made of AISI-316L stainless steel.
- Cleaning system.
- Pressure-regulated flapper.
- Drainage pan.
As the spiral has no central shaft, it is always in contact with the trough, which is protected by a replaceable sleeve. There are different kinds of protective sleeves, which are made of ultrahigh molecular weight polyethylene (PE-1000 UHMW), Adiprene…depending on the material to be moved. In order to reduce wear, the conveyor auger should be filled with as much material as possible when in operation.
The compacting conveyor is fitted with drainage sections for decanting the liquids in the solid materials.
The spiral is modified or supplemented in some installations for the following reasons:
- Increase the capacity of sloping screw conveyors.
- Increase the strength of the screw on very long screw conveyors and on compacting conveyors.
THE QUILTON COMPACTING CONVEYOR IS SUPPLIED WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- A sealing system on the drive shaft.
- Drainage area with a brush.
- Cleaning ramp in the pressing area.
- Connecting pipe for the single-point discharge of drainage and pressing waters.
- Robust V-shaped filtering drum in the compacting area.
Options in assembly and maintenance