Features and structure
The QUILTON automatic bar screen is a roughing screen for large items that is used for the automatic removal of large floating and suspended items in a liquid flow. The size of the floating materials it can remove depends on the spacing on the bar screen.
The roughing bar screens at WWTPs are installed on the raw water inlet pipes. This model of bar screen caters for depths of up to 10 m. The raw water laden with solids may reach WWTPs directly via the drain and sewers or by pumping. In this case, the bar screens are installed upstream of the separation pumps and the screens for fine particles in order to protect them. The installation also includes automatic bar screens at the entrance to storm tanks to stop the passage of large or very large solids.
AUTOMATION AND PROTECTION OF THE AUTOMATIC BAR SCREEN
The device for cleaning the roughing bar screen, which generally operates on an intermittent basis, operation, can be automated through the following:
- Timer: the sequence is set depending on the estimated daily operating time.
- Pressure drop: the cleaning operation starts automatically when there is a pressure drop between the two sides of the mesh due to its partial clogging that exceeds a set figure.
- Combined system of timer and pressure drop.
The automatic roughing bar screen should be fitted with a torque limiter so that in the event of an overload or blockage, it will cut out to avoid any damage being caused.
STRUCTURAL, ELECTRIC AND HYDRAULIC FEATURES
- Simple, robust design.
- Quality of materials: stainless steel AISI 304, AISI 316, UNS-31803, UNS-32750…
- Eight-wheel carriage on the main frame.
- Manual and automatic operation.
- Option of automating other equipment on the control panel and switchboard.
- Direct control of all movements.
- Indicators for all parameters.
- Adjustable piston pressure.
- Double-action piston.
- Hydraulic unit with level and temperature sensors.
- Approved oil tank.
Options in assembly and maintenance