Features and structure
The design of the QUILTON automatic, self-cleaning continuous band screen combines a filtering system with a self-cleaning arrangement, which permits the automatic removal of floating and suspended materials in a liquid flow for the roughing of fine particles. The largest materials it can remove range from a diameter of 70 mm with the Q100 models, to 180 mm with Q200 models.
The self-cleaning continuous band screen without a main shaft, of up to 2 m in width, is a fine filter composed of teeth or filtering elements mounted on a twin shaft and moved by stainless-steel drive belts on the sides. Its self-cleaning arrangement means that it can always present a clean screen to the oncoming flow of liquid.
The design of the teeth and their assembly on the screen filter provide two filtering stages, determine the size of the solid to be removed, and define the spacing on the screen.
QUILTON screens are self-cleaning simply through the effect of the screen’s movement. This means the teeth make a double movement due to the arrangement of each tooth’s assembly and the positioning of each row of teeth on two consecutive shafts and the screen’s rotation:
- Forward: for offloading the solids extracted.
- Backward: for cleaning the teeth individually and the screen as a whole.
Amongst other advantages, QUILTON equipment is characterized by the following:
- Robust, stable structure involving the interconnection of two side pieces. This design concept means it can adapt to new or existing channels.
- Screen filter moved by drive belts located on the sides of the equipment.
- The belt is preassembled with a bushing that allows for the axial displacement of the screen shafts by an operator during maintenance. This set-up for the belt maximises the screen’s useful life and minimises operating and maintenance times.
- A QUILTON belt undergoes a special treatment that strengthens it and it improves its resistance to corrosion. This treatment reduces wear and stretching, prolonging its useful life.
- Reinforced guiderails for increasing its useful life and minimising maintenance costs.
- Filtering elements mounted in rows forming the continuous band screen. QUILTON’s manufacturing methods allow minimising stresses, increasing the parts’ strength.
- Gear motors made by leading brands to ensure the equipment provides a high performance and low consumption.
- Surface treatment of the structure and drive system to avoid rusting, and so prolong the useful life of the individual components.
Structural features of the self-cleaning continuous band screen:
- Simple, robust design.
- Chassis thicknesses of between 5 and 10 mm.
- Quality of materials: stainless steel AISI 304, AISI 316, duplex 2205, super duplex 2507, etc.
- Adaptability to existing channels.
- Discharge height up to 20 m.
- Strong filtering elements made of ABS or other special materials.